Posted. Aug 10, 2017
Fall Quarter 2017 opening for talented undergrad or alum interested in data science / informatics, especially as it relates to land and water resources. The successful candidate will work with continuous and discrete data, which has been collected manually or telemetrically, over time and space.
other words, you – like us -- geek out over the integration of time series and
geospatial analysis as well as water quality and quantity. Furthermore, you
want a greater audience to see, understand and act on the data trends.
As the developer of environmental databases and applications, KISTERS facilitates the cross-disciplinary exchange of data and information . You would learn and use our proprietary platform Water Information Systems by KISTERS (WISKI).
This newly created role would perform a range of functions, including:
- Help analyze data with focus on water resources
- Help develop mechanisms to enable more efficient data verification, validation, analysis, and publishing / reporting.
- Help define, document, and test, data management systems
- Working towards a Bachelor’s
or Master’s Degree
environmental science-related major, a bonus
- Sound quantitative skills (and acceptable mathematical and/or programming background)
- Good writing and communication skills
Other Relevant Skills:
- Coursework or experience in environmental studies, geospatial information systems (GIS) and/or data science / informatics
- Practical exposure to data analysis / manipulation
- Experience in programming / scripting
- Ability to thrive in an evolving work environment
by sending a brief statement of interest and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org. KISTERS North America is a
global software solutions and technology firm dedicated to effective data
management, visualization and sharing to power responsible environmental
stewardship. KNA is a vibrant start to your career, where you contribute to
data-driven approaches to solve real-world problems impacting environmental
sustainability. Note: This position is based in our Citrus Heights, CA office
KISTERS is an EOE. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, disability, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. For more details, you may contact Becca Fong at (916) 723-1441.